Carols from the Quayside
The Singers released their first CD Carols from the Quayside when we were called The St Thomas Singers. The programme comprises seventeen beautiful carols ranging from the thirteenth to the twentieth centuries and was recorded in the warm acoustic of All Saints Church on Newcastle’s historic Quayside.
The CD is currently unavailable but selected remastered tracks will shortly be downloadable from our online store.
CD Track List
- Up! Good Christen folk from Piae Cantiones
- Adam lay ybounden – Boris Ord
- Remember, O thou man – Thomas Ravenscroft
- The little road to Bethlehem – Michael Head
- Hail blessed Virgin Mary arr. Charles Wood
- When Christ, the Son of Mary – traditional Neopolitan carol
- There is no rose – Gerald Hendrie
- El noi de la Mare, with Jane Robson and Myrna Luff, Northumbrian pipes
- Away in a manger words arr. Reginald Jacques
- Quem pastores laudavere arr. Michael Praetorius
- The Boar’s head trad. English
- Eastern Monarchs – Peter Naylor
- We three Kings of Orient – John Henry Hopkins
- Lullaby Welsh tune Suo Gân, arr. George Guest
- Ding dong! merrily on high harmonised by Charles Wood
- Procedenti Puero, Eya! novus annus est – anon.
- Hark! The herald angels sing – Mendelssohn